What is Tyre Cover in Car Insurance?
Tyres are one of the most important elements of your vehicle as it not only takes the entire weight of your vehicle but also the impact of bumpy roads and potholes. Usually, damage to tyres and tubes are covered only if the vehicle has met with an accident. However, damage to the tyres and tubes without the vehicle meeting with an accident, is not covered under comprehensive motor insurance policy. Tyre protection cover in car insurance cover tries to bridge this gap and cover you for the damages caused to your car tyres and tubes without any accident. One of the factors that play an important role in deciding the amount of claim in this add-on is the extent to which the tire has been worn out.
- Any cost of puncture and tyre repair
- Damage arising due to a manufacturing defect
- Damage due to service provided by an unauthorized service centre.
- Damage arising out of activities such as racing, rally etc.
- Damage arising out of improper storage or transportation.
If you still have more questions about tyre cover in car insurance, or if you want to buy a motor insurance policy that meets all your needs, visit us at www.pincinsurance.com